Instead of having to download an entire audio or video file before you can use it, streaming files download as you use them. The streaming formats that this site currently supports are Quicktime, RealVideo, and Windows Media.
If you are having trouble viewing our videos, there are a few things that may be wrong with your configuration.
1. Video plug-in. You may not have the right plug-in to view video. A plug-in is a video viewing program that works with your Web browser to load and play the video. Here are links to the three most common video players which will work on our site:
2. Web Browser. You may have an outdated Web browser. Browsers constantly add capabilities and performance enhancements as video and other multimedia technologies are updated. We recommend using, "What browser am I using?" to determine if your Web browser is outdated, and help you obtain the latest version available.
3. QuickTime TroubleshootingTips:
4. If you're still having trouble viewing the video, each of the plug-in Web pages and browser Web pages has a troubleshooting and FAQ page with more detailed information on how to troubleshoot their programs. Here are a few:
4. If you're still having trouble, contact us.