Viewing a Slide Show
Notes and Handouts
You may want to print your speaker’s notes to assist you with your presentation. To
support your presentation, you can also give your audience handouts, smaller versions of
your slides that are printed two, three, four, six or nine slides to a page.
- On the View menu, point to Master and then click Handout Master or Notes Master.
- To preview the layout you want, click the buttons on the Handout Master or
Notes Master toolbar.
- Add the items you want on the handout or notes master: art, text, headers
or footers, date, time or page number. Items that you add appear only on the
handouts or notes. No changes are made to the master slide.
- On the Master toolbar, click the Close button.
- On the File menu, click Print.
- In the Print What box, click Handouts or Notes.
- In the Slides Per Page box, click the number of slides you want on the
handout. If you select three per page, there will be lines next to each slide where
participants can write notes.
- If you choose four, six or nine slides per page, click Horizontal or Vertical to
specify the order in which you want the slides to appear on the page.
Note: You can also change the orientation of the paper when you print handouts. Click Page Setup on the File menu, and then click Landscape or Portrait under Notes, Handouts and Outline.