Viewing a Slide Show
Generally, you will view the slide show in one of two ways. The following options are
available when you click Set Up Show on the Slide Show menu.
- Presented by a live speaker (full screen). This option runs a full-screen
while a speaker directs the show. The presenter has complete control of the show
and can run the show automatically or manually. If you are presenting in a large
room using a monitor or projector, PowerPoint has a Projector Wizard that will automatically set and restore correct screen resolution for the target projection
- Browsed at a kiosk (full screen). This option runs a self-running presentation.
This option is useful at conferences, for example. If you have a booth, kiosk or
other location where you want to run an unattended slide show, you can set up the
slide show so that it restarts automatically after each showing.
You can create a presentation that uses overhead transparencies by printing your slides as
black-and-white or color transparencies.
- Go to File and click Page Set–Up.
- Under Slides Sized for, click the Overhead option.
- Choose the Page Orientation and click OK.
- Go to File, choose Print and select the Print Range (whether a slide show or
certain slides). Under the Print What, select Slides.
Make sure you select whether you would like to print in grayscale or pure black and white.
Pure black and white is not recommended for graphs. Print out your transparencies on
regular paper first to make sure that the slides are printing correctly.