Overview of Types of Training Media
Videotape & DVD Players
Videotape and DVD players are extremely versatile and a major tool in presentations.
When using videotapes and DVD players, remember:
- Use is limited for large groups (more than 20 participants) because multiple
monitors or large video projection screens are needed.
- Most equipment is portable but cumbersome.
Carefully consider compatibility of the type and size of the videotape and cassette
and DVD to the available equipment.
- Have tapes set at the proper starting point so that only the Play button needs to be
Using All Types of Training Media
Maximize the use of media by following slides, videos, audiotapes and photos with a
targeted discussion. Consider the following format as one useful way to move participants
from description, to feelings, insights and action steps:
- Describe what you see and hear happening in this video.
- What feelings does the video evoke in you?
- What are the key issues that are brought to light by this video?
- What do you think are some of the underlying causes that led to these issues?
- What are some possible strategies for dealing with these issues?
- How can we each make a difference in addressing these issues?