Planning the Training: Two to Three Weeks Prior
- Confirm training with all registered participants
- Review your materials and your plan.
- If possible, visit the site where your training
will take place. Note any potential problems or
needs and develop strategies for resolving them.
- If you cannot visit the site yourself, call someone
at the site and ask questions about the space. Make sure you have adequate outlets and
extension cords for any equipment you will use.
- Make sure that the room and your presentation
will be accessible to any participants with
- Gather any special equipment you?ll need for
the presentation, such as marking pens, flip
charts, a microphone, an overhead projector,
blank transparencies, extra bulbs, extension
cords, name tags and masking tape.
- Organize your PowerPoint presentation or
overheads by customizing the presentation for
the specific audience.
- Review your content, rehearse and get feedback
on your presentation.
- Prepare participant packets/folders including
PowerPoint handouts and other materials.
- Prepare the sign-in sheet, pre- and post-tests and
- Prepare certificates of completion detailing
continuing education units.