Planning the Training: Early Stages
- Decide who should help plan this training.
- Decide who will be the presenters or trainers.
- Find out how much time you have for the
- Decide what topics can be reasonably covered in
that time. Think in terms of topics? importance.
- Assess which topics can be presented in an
- Decide how to sequence the topics.
- Decide what you expect participants to do. For
example, just listen, work in small groups or
- Decide whether you will distribute any handouts.
What handouts? Who will be responsible for
photocopying these? How many will you need?
- Assess how much time you have to devote to
questions and answers.
- Decide what type of training evaluation you
want to conduct.
- Decide who will prepare the evaluation form and
analyze the forms after the training.
- Decide what action you would like to see come
out of the training.