Stay Connected: MCHalert
Connect With Us
Who We Are
/ Professional Resources
Resources for professionals who work on SUID/SIDS issues
Infant Mortality Toolkit: Resources for a Public Health Approach
(2013 - National SUID/SIDS Resource Center)
Safe Infant Sleep videos
analyzed by AAP recommendations. (Resource Center)
What Works: Changing Knowledge and Behavior to Reduce Sudden Unexpected Infant Death
. (2011 - Resource Center)
SIDS and Other Sleep-Related Infant Deaths: Expansion of Recommendations for a Safe Infant Sleeping Environment (AAP):
Resources to Support the AAP Policy Statement
(2011 - Resource Center)
State MCH and SUID Contacts
- professionals working in SIDS and infant death programs at the State and local levels.
First Candle Member and Partner Organizations
- national, state, and local organizations concerned with infant health and survival.
First Candle Grief Resources: Local Support
- state by state listing of grief resources for those affected by an infant death, whether during pregnancy or after birth.
Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: State laws
(2009 - National Conference of State Legislatures).
Responding to Sudden Infant Death - The Professional's Role
. (2004 - Resource Center)
Bereavement Counseling for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and Infant Mortality: Core Competencies for the Health Care Professional
. (2004 - Association of SIDS and Infant Mortality Programs).
- training resources (2009 - Resource Center)
- a list of upcoming conferences from organizations covering SIDS/infant death and other maternal and child health and public health topics. (Project Impact)
National Center for Education in Maternal and Child Health (NCEMCH)
- provides information on a broad range of MCH topics.
Join an electronic mailing or email list
- information on how to join the Maternal and Child Health Bureau's MCHB
Listserv and other MCH electronic mailing lists.
Additional links to SUID/SIDS related news and other publications relevant to SUID/SIDS professionals
Sudden, Unexplained Infant Death Initiative (SUIDI): Overview
. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
Association of SIDS and Infant Mortality Programs: News and Events
National Center for Cultural Competence Sudden Unexpected Infant Death/Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SUID/SIDS). Resources
Updated January 2013